29 Jul 2012

The rare hunter pet riddle


The tamable beast riddle of the Beta.

Edit: 

I'll keep my hunter pet page updated. You'll find it at the top of this blog, or by clicking here. The riddle is being solved as I type this. Thanks to dedicated hunters on the Petopia forums. First ones to mention are Loki, Sensionn (I believe I met you on Mekkatorque last night looking for the quilen :D, Kalliope, The Doomcookie, Quivering... )


Where are all the rare hunter pets on the Beta? The white tiger with the blue eyes, the new spirit beasts...

Well. Apparently, they are there on the beta. But you have to find them.


Alright, so I have been permission to tell you all a few things about the rares in Mists of Pandaria.

Right now, they're in beta, but there are two things you need to know:

You will only see them on your hunter
You will not actually see them, but your hunter skills will allow you to detect traces

So basically, we have to figure out how to find these rares to tame them.

The Doomcookie, Petopia forums.



Personally, spells that are inherent to hunters are Track Hidden, Beast Lore and Flare.
Druids have Glyph of the Predator so they can track pets aswell. But where do we get started looking?

I think this is a great idea. It stops the killing of tamable beasts because of their silver dragon around the portrait, and encourages hunters to actively go looking for them in a new and exciting way.


So, where might the Xuen spirit tiger be hiding out?


2 comments:

  1. I thought that form was solely from the monk spell (which I can't remember at this moment).

    I don't believe this will be a tameable hunter pet in MoP.

    Oh glory day, if it is, but I don't believe so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have no clue what spirit beasts will look like. At the moment, it is just a monk spell, but I picked up on Garwulfs post over on http://huntsmanslodge.com/12236/new-spirit-beast-in-mists-of-pandaria/. It might just be too flashy/special for spirit beast potential, but who knows :)

      Delete